WE are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams.
(Arthur O'Shaughnessy)

      Pen Wrath     


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The never-ending session

I've been to several sessions of Congress already this year because of this project I'm working on with a friend for the employer of a friend. (I know. It's a circuitous way of working.) Still, I get hit by the wow factor each time I attend a session.

Wow. There are cuties here with brains to boot. (Too bad that they are too few and far in between.)

Wow. I can't believe the session is being conducted this way. Where else can you see just about a dozen "warm bodies" on the floor during the roll call and end up with 12 + 8 = 128? Seriously.

Wow. It's fun listening to lobbyists bitching about the other side.

Wow. It's amusing to hear the tones in which some lobbyists refer to lawyers - as if lawyers are the most insidious undesirables in the halls of Congress, but it's better not to piss them off to their faces anyway.

And when the session drags on and on ... Wow. So many suspensions, each suspension a class of each own. It's like basketball. A minute can fly, or it can be just three seconds long.

Thank God I can play Tango in Ebony when I'm bored, or imagine Handel's Sarabande being played against a backdrop of warring mechas.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger toni.angeli said...

macel!!!!!!!!!!what are we doing?? hahahah

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
Blogger Ienni said...

Walking the thin red line?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment