WE are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams.
(Arthur O'Shaughnessy)

      Pen Wrath     


Saturday, May 13, 2006

Of Friday night

M:i:III is a good enough film to unwind in. Lots of action, just enough neat blood to balance the syrupy sweetness between Agent Hunt and his wife. Thankfully, this movie doesn't end like In Her Majesty's Secret Service. Those of you who were old enough to catch, or interested enough to go back to the old 007 movies get my point. It raises the question, though. if ever there's another sequel, will Mrs. Hunt still feature in it? If she doesn't, what kinda excuse are they going to give? Divorced? On vacation? Involved in an extended medical emergency? What? The film is open-ended enough to admit a fourth installment. The rabbit foot isn't explained, not really, and going on honeymoon isn't retiring.

By the way, wasn't the pilot/driver there the coach in the indie film
Bend it Like Beckham? And somebody tell me if the computations being scribbled across the glass pane by Hunt were actually equations or plain gibberish.

M, thank you for Seduced by Moonlight. I've actually scanned two of the earlier books in the Merry Gentry series. The world of the fey didn't really do it for me in the beginning, but let's just say that it grows on you. Not you, literally, but I'm excited about the whole stuff now. There's a possibility I'll complete the series to see
  1. Whether Prince Cel (Celtic: KEL) is a completely insane sadist who deserves rightly not to ascend the throne of the Sidhe, and
  2. Which of the former Queen's Ravens Merry ends up with, the Queen's Darkness or the Freezing Frost.
The clincher was the bibliography at the end of the novel. I know. But I really like checking the biblio. Plus, it's easier to collect the four books, compared with the 14-novel Anita Blake series. Toni, Danse Macabre is coming out on June 27. I hope to read just a tad less about the ardeur there, and more about lycanthropic and vampire politics.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay naku, sobrang dangerous na daw tlga si anita eh...heheh even her more ardent fans are talking about the kinky stuff she has going on. but i don't have comments since i STILL haven't been able to read more than the first ...2?..of the series. meron ka na merry gentry? gusto ko din yun! :)

mi:3 is good to unwind? haha it was nerve wracking. sorry i changed my mind about watching with you guys, i just didn't feel up to worrying about getting stranded at midnight with a storm brewing.

ang haba ng comment ko. hehehehe

Sunday, May 14, 2006  
Blogger Ienni said...

t0ni: I have the latest Merry Gentry. At least, I think that it's the latest. Straight from B&N, though the rest are available with my usual source of borrowed books. I'll be collecting the others through e-bay, though hard copy ang kukunin ko kasi I like holding the book while reading in bed, which isn't really the case with e-books. =)
About mi:3, I was a bit worried that I would have a hard time going home. It turned out that once we were outside SM North, it was quite easy to get a cab.:D

Sunday, May 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pakopya!! e books lahat? :)

Monday, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Ienni said...

Hard copy ang Merry Gentry ko. You're welcome to borrow it. :D

Tuesday, May 16, 2006  
Blogger khay said...

Macel, Seatmate, mag-aral na kayo. Tama na yang kababasa ng non-acad books. =)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Ienni said...

khay: Yes, Ma'am! Well, I'll try to curb it to one pocketbook every three or four days. >:D I hit the Labor books kanina sa lounge... after succumbing to a Poli Law-induced nap. Ang sarap palang mag-aral sa lounge at night. It's so quiet (aside from the music blaring from my earphones, though I was lucky in that I missed the sudden downpour at around half past eleven by five minutes or so.:)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment