WE are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams.
(Arthur O'Shaughnessy)

      Pen Wrath     


Saturday, January 28, 2006

Gmail ads and my e-mail



Is it just me, or is there something I missed in the Gmail EULA when I signed up for my Gmail account? Last night, I spent well over two hours composing an e-mail about several important aspects of a website the administration of which I would be turning over to a fellow law student. This e-mail was all about site security, passwords, access and the like. Just 15 minutes ago, I opened my Gmail and what do you know? Next to the threaded ‘conversation’ of that e-mail, I found some ads that were a tad too spot-on for comfort. I surfed through Gmail and here's what Gmail has to say via its Help Centre. The issue of targeted ads is discussed by Gmail more fully here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment